Selling a Property
Selling a property can be a long and drawn out process. At Crompton Halliwell we strive to make it clear, simple and straightforward.
Key events when selling a property:
- An offer is accepted via Estate Agents.
- All parties instruct Solicitors to act on their behalf.
- Estate Agents then send out a Memorandum of Sale to all parties confirming the agreed price and client details.
- Clients complete property questionnaires including fixtures and fittings information.
- Seller's solicitors apply for documents from the Land Registry and send to the Buyer's solicitors as part of the Contract package.
- Buyer's solicitors submit local searches and request any additional information.
- Once the Buyer's solicitors are satisfied with the replies to all enquiries the Buyer will sign the Contract and Transfer documents.
- Once the Buyer's solicitors have received a copy of the Buyer's mortgage offer and are content with the enquiries, Contracts are then ready to be exchanged.
- A completion date will be negotiated and Contracts will be exchanged. Both parties are then legally bound to buy and sell the property for the agreed price on the agreed completion date.
- On completion the Sellers must vacate the property by Midday and take all sets of keys to the Estate Agents.
- The Transfer Deed is sent to the Buyer's solicitors for them to forward onto the Land Registry, to register the property in the name of the new owner.
For details of our prices please click here.
For more information contact our office and speak with a member of our Conveyancing team on 0161 797 9222